The U.S. Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA), part of the Department of Homeland Security is reporting that scammers are using phishing emails to lead users to a fake Small Business Administration COVID-10 loan relief page in order to steal personal and financial information.
The phishing emails contain the subject line, SBA Application – Review and Proceed
Check the post from CISA for more technical details.
To help avoid phishing scams:
- Be suspicious with unexpected emails, texts or phone calls.
- Think before you click. Look closely at website addresses for anything out of the ordinary.
- If you have any doubt, go directly to the website in question rather than clicking on an email link.
- Keep your antivirus and antimalware software updated.
- Do not give any of your personal information unless you are certain of the person or agency on the other end.